!!! Mediawiki has been upgraded !!! Slack integration has been disabled for now due to an incompatibility. If you want to testdrive the new skin (Tweeki), make sure your language settings are set to 'en - English' in your preferences!
Becoming a member
If you'd like to become a member of Brixel, we strongly advise you to come visit us a few times first!
If you like it, you can become a paying member, if not, you are still welcome as a visitor from time to time.
Although we, as an organisation, will initiate and facilitate events ourselves, first and foremost, we are a community and each individual, including you, can take action to decide which direction we are going!
Membership is yearly and we operate from September up to and including August, so your membership will also be up to and including August. (Because we have yearly costs per member, such as insurance, etc...)
Fees can be payed monthly, or yearly with a discount, and we distinguish between students and non-students. ("Students" include University and College as well.)
If you are unable to pay this amount, please talk to us. We are confident we can find a compromise.
We are transparent about our money, and even have a legal obligation as a non-profit organisation (V.Z.W.) to publish and defend our financial data. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the board members.
- Insurance! Did your soundcanon break all windows of the neighbours? Or did the walls magically vanish while testing your new formula for invisibility? No problem, all Brixel members have a civil liability insurance. The insurance is valid during all Brixel organised events as well.
- Access to goodies. Exclusive access to certain Brixel goodies, like T-shirts, etc.. Sometimes even for free! (Ex: With a yearly membership.)
- Discount on events. For some events organised by Brixel, members will get a discount, while non-members pay the full price.
- Use of available equipment. You really need an osciloscope, but you don't have one? Use ours! With professional advise and help!
- Financial support for projects. In certain circumstances, you can get financial support to finish (or start) your project or buy certain helpful equipment. Don't be afraid to ask.
- Personal storage space. Tired of hauling your stuff from and to your home every time? Members obtain a personal storage bin inside the Hackerspace.
- A warm and cozy community. Be part of our active community, or just relax and hang out with a drink for a conversation.
- Voting right during meetings. Sometimes organisational decisions need to be made. As an active member your vote counts!
New Members Checklist
- If not done already, please subscribe to our public mailinglist at https://discuss.brixel.be/mailman/listinfo/brixel-public
- If you'd like to actively participate, it is recommended to also create a Wiki account at http://wiki.brixel.be
Please pay your memberfees on time to account BE11 3631 4520 9848 with "Lidgeld"/"Member fee" and your name and/or email address. This way the payments can be processed without errors.