!!! Mediawiki has been upgraded !!! Slack integration has been disabled for now due to an incompatibility. If you want to testdrive the new skin (Tweeki), make sure your language settings are set to 'en - English' in your preferences!
From Brixel - Hackerspace Hasselt
|Project: Smart Plugs|
|Description:||A smart distribution plug|
|Participants:||Johan, David, Tweetster|
|Edit tags:||Smart Plugs|
What is it?
It is a distributing plug connected to a wireless network capable of doing nifty things:
- Manual switching of individual plugs (On/Off)
- Automatical switching of individual plugs, based on time
- Monitoring of V, A and VA of every individual plug
- Logging of V, A and VA for each individual plug
- Alarms possible for V, A and VA (Min/max)
- RGB leds to display power state: (min/max individually settable)
- off: Outlet off
- Any color: Outlet on
- White: On, but no (or very little) power drawn
- Green: Minimal (settable) power drawn
- Red: Maximal (settable) power drawn.
- White -> Green -> Yellow -> Blue -> Prurple -> Red
- Flashing LED by alarm
How will we do it?
- Communication through home Wifi network
- Web2.0 interface for status and configuration
- API available for integration with home automation
- Alarms through email, SNMP, API, etc...
Several desicions have been made:
- We will use a Spark to power our hardware.
- We found a way to measure Voltage/Current and are designing the circuit